Not sure what to do with all those items after your spring cleaning? Put them out on the curb.
May 12th and 13th is Winnipeg’s curbside giveaway weekend where you can give someone a new life on your resusable items and find some hidden treasures.
Here is what you can give:
- books, CDs, DVDs
- furniture, electronics, artwork, mirrors
- sports equipment, toys
- yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow throwers, rakes, shovels)
- small appliances, kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
- construction material (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
If you plan on participating there are a couple rules that the city would like you to follow:
- If it’s not clearly marked “free,” don’t take it.
- Make sure items are in good condition before you bring them home.
- Extra goods that are not taken need to be brought in by Sunday night.
More info can be found on the City of Winnipeg website.