The Big Guy in red will be making his way through downtown Winnipeg on Saturday, November 18th and if you’re driving around there, you’re going to run in to some road closures.
In preparation for the Santa Claus Parade there will be some road closures to deal with. Also, there is a 2pm Winnipeg Jets game at Bell MTS Place so expect some delays, plan ahead and allow additional travel time.
Starting at 1:30 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m. numerous road closures will be in place in the downtown area:
- Portage Avenue will be closed from Sherbrook Street to Main Street
- Portage Avenue East will be closed from Main Street to Westbrook Street
- Hargrave Street, Colony Street, Vaughn Street, Kennedy Street, Edmonton Street, Garry Street, Fort Street, Carlton Street, Donald Street, and Smith Street will be closed at Portage Avenue
- Main Street southbound will be closed between McDermot Avenue and Graham Avenue
- Main Street northbound will be closed between St. Mary Avenue and Portage Avenue
- Pioneer Avenue westbound will be closed between Main Street and Westbrook Street
- Westbrook Street southbound will be closed between Portage Avenue East and William Stephenson Way
- William Stevenson Way eastbound will be closed between Main Street and Waterfront Drive
Don’t forget we are hosting the Pre-Parade Block Party at Portage and Main from 4pm-5pm. Have fun and stay safe!