What goes around comes around.
Trends have made their way back into mainstream; Nintendo consoles, chokers and Tamagochis; but now it looks vinyl is big once again.
Nielsen Music’s Mid-Year Report is here, tallying the best-selling music releases for the first half of 2018. A number of contemporary pop and hip-hop acts dominate most of the tallies, some older acts’ catalog releases have made a significant impact on one particular category: the top-selling vinyl albums.
Here is the full mid-year list of the top-10 best-selling vinyl albums:
1. Jack White, Boarding House Reach — 37,000
2. Kendrick Lamar, DAMN. — 30,000
3. Various artists, Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (Soundtrack) — 28,000
4. Michael Jackson, Thriller — 28,000
5. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours — 28,000
6. Panic! at the Disco, Pray for the Wicked — 26,000
7. Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods — 26,000
8. Prince and the Revolution, Purple Rain (Soundtrack) — 25,000
9. Amy Winehouse, Back to Black — 25,000
10. The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band — 23,000
Which do you prefer: vinyl, cds or streaming?